Top Ten Notorious Perps Of Mega-City One!
- ‘Gestapo’ Bob Harris-Leader of the Cosmic Punks(see “Punks Rule”,Prog110,28Apr’79)
- The Ape Gang-Talking apes from rundown Sector,”The Jungle“(see “The Ape Gang”, Prog39,19Nov’77).
- Prof. Milton D. Frankenstein and Denis-The world’s first DNA man and his creator(see “The DNA Man”,Progs113-15,19May-2Jun’79).
- Ma Jong-Queen of the illegal Umpty trade(see “Uncle Ump’s Umpty Candy”,Prog145,29Dec’79).
- Dobey Kweeg-The ultimate “Futsie“(see “Diary Of A Mad Citizen”,Progs229-30,12-19Sep’81).
- Filmore Faro-Self-styled “Garbage King”(see “The Judge Child”,Progs156-81,15Mar-11Apr’80).
- Rex Peters-The man who drank the blood of Satanus!(see “Blood Of Satanus”,Progs152-54,16Feb-1Mar’80).
- Fink Angel and Ratty-Eldest of the Angel siblings and pet Cursed Earthrat(see “The Fink”,Progs193-96,3-24Jan’81).
- Orlok the Assassin-Deadly East-Meg agent(see “Block Mania”,Progs236-44,31Oct-26Dec’81).
- Judge Death-Alien superfiend and Mega-City One’s greatest enemy(see “Judge Death”,Progs149-51,26Jan-9Feb’80).
Future Crimes Of Mega-City One!
- Scrawling-Low-level crime of graffiti.(see Unamerican Graffiti,Progs206-07,4-11Apr’81)
- Old Comic Selling-There is big business in vintage comics,esp. 2000AD(of course!see The Comic Pusher,Prog20,9Jul’77)
- Alien Seed Selling-Dangerous animal/plant species sold to unwitting customers(see Alien Seeds,Prog148,19Jan’80).
- Boinging-Illegal use of the miracle plastic(see Palais De Boing,Prog136,27Oct’79)
- Umpty Bagging-Sale of highly addictive Uncle Ump brand candy(see The Umpty Baggers,Progs212-13,23-30May’81)).
- Stookie Glanding-Harvesting adifax gland of cute aliens,Stookies,for anti-ageing drug(see The Stookie Glanders,Progs220-21,11-18Jul’81)
- Futsie-Complete violent,usually murderous,mental breakdown caused by “Future Shock”(sse 21st Century Futsie,Prog45,31Dec’77).
- Body Sharking-Loved ones placed in suspended animation as collateral for exorbitant loans.Failure to pay sees body sold off for spare parts(see also Organ-Legging-The Body Sharks,Progs209-10,25Apr-2May’81).
- Murder-Still popular in the 22nd century but with many imaginative new methods(see Sob Story,Progs131-32,22-29Sep’70).
- Judge Murder-Very much frowned upon in Mega-City One!!(see Death Of A Judge,Prog137,3Nov’79)
Judicial Departments From Other Mega-Cities
East Meets West-II.West
- Brit-Cit-Probably MC-1’s closest ally,Brit-Cit Justice Dept. is ran from the central hub of the New Old Bailey,who answer to the higher political power of the Star Chamber.It’s best known officer is Detective Judge Armitage(see also Atlantis,(Progs485-88,30Aug-20Sep’86),Judgement Day,Doomsday).Art:Sean Phillips
- Cal-Hab-Mostly independent for nearly a century,Cal-Hab,much of it a radiated wasteland(the Cal-Hab Wastes)is still governed by Brit-Cit.It’s most well-known Judge is Ed MacBrayne(Cal-Hab Justice).Art:John Ridgway
- Ciudad Baranquila-Judge Dredd has travelled to this corrupt,dangerous corner of the South-Am states on the former sites of Montevideo and Buenos Aires,more often known as Banana City,usually pursuing fugitives-former Judge Barry Kurten and mass-murderer,P.J Maybe(see Banana City,Progs623-25,22Apr-6May’89 and Bring Me The Heart Of PJ Maybe,Prog1211,20Sep’00).Art:Will Simpson
- Emerald Isle-Operating out of Murphyville Justice Central,the attitude to crime is a lot more laid back here,Judges acting more like a traditional Police force(see Emerald Isle,Progs727-32,20Apr-25May’91,Innocents Abroad,Progs804-07,10-31Oct’92 and Judgement Day).Art:Steve Dillon
- Pan-Andean Conurb-When Judge Dredd visits this area of former Peru and Bolivia,he finds the local Law enforcement lazy and incompetent(see Sugar Beat,Progs873-88,4Feb-11Mar’93).Art:Ron Smith
- Texas-City-The closest neighbour to MC-1 but not always seeing eye to eye,having fought for independence from the other two North American Mega-Cities.They wear stetsons to emphasise their difference(see Judge Child,Missionary Man).Art:Yan Shimony
- Vatican-City-Much larger than it’s present State but no less full of intrigue.Dredd has fallen afoul of their Judge-Inquisitor force and had several run-ins with one of their freelance operatives,Devlin Waugh(see Crusade,Progs928-37,24Feb-28Apr’95,Swimming In Blood,Red Tide).Art:Mick Austin
Also in Prog1829:
Judicial Departments From Other Mega-Cities
East Meets West-I.East
- Antarctic City-Often a place MC-1 Judges are sent to as a disciplinary measure(see Wynter:Cold Justice,Megazine3.70,6Jan’95).Art:Kev Walker.
- Luxor-Judge Dredd worked with this force in Book Of The Dead(Progs859-66,30Oct-18Dec’93).Art:Dermot Power.
- Hondo-City-Frequent players in the world of Judge Dredd(see Our Man In Hondo,Progs608-11,7-26Jan’89,Judgement Day,Shimura,Hondo-City Justice).Art:Brendan McCarthy.
- Oz-Mainly allies with MC-1,there have been fallouts between the Mega-Cities(see Oz,Progs545-70,Song Of The Surfer,Progs654-65,25Nov’89-10Feb’90,Skizz III,Progs912-27,4N0v’94-17feb’95).Art:Jim Baikie/John McCrea.
- Pan-Africa-Brit-Cit Judge Becky Steel and Judge Dredd himself have both visited the Pan-African Judiciary(Megazine2.44-49,23Dec’93-18Mar’94)Art:Siku
- Sino-Cit Two-Little is known of the workings of this secretive Judicial force,rebuilt after the destruction of Sino-Cit One(see Judgement Day)-Art:Paul Marshall
- East-Meg Two-more commonly known as Sov Judges,this hostile and warlike Judge nation are MC-1’s greatest enemy.(see The Apocalypse War,Satan’s Island,Doomsday,Day Of Chaos).Art:Brian Bolland
Thanks to my friend Ian Howe @2000adBackIssue-a must visit for all your vintage Thrill-Power needs,and at great prices,too!